Eastern Toten offers an extremely varied and diverse leisure opportunity. We have about 150 active volunteer associations, from a full range of sports to art and music, to more traditional associations such as Scouts, gardening association, and so on. There are several youth clubs in the district. The Cultural School Milk Factory has a student body of nearly 400 children and young people, who get weekly instruction in music, visual arts, dance and theatre. The municipality has been named as Cultural School Municipality of the Year. There is a wide range of sports in Eastern Toten, including baseball, football, skiing, skating, orienteering, gymnastics and equestrian.
In Østre Toten we have one public library. The Culture department also has responsibility for arranging leisure and holiday activities for children and youth. Other areas are sports, playgrounds, regional cooperative projects and subsidies.
We also work with protection of cultural values.
Municipal services regarding cultural and leisure activities, and the culture school:
(Norwegian translation in parenthesis)
- Protected cultural heritage sites - permit to change (Automatisk fredete kulturminner - tillatelse til inngrep)
- Protected cultural heritage sites - subsidies to archeological surveying (Automatisk fredete kulturminner - tilskudd til arkeologiske undersøkelser)
- Cultural monuments (Kulturminner)
- Library (Bibliotek)
- Music and culture school (Musikk- og kulturskolen)
- Sport and community center - renting (Idrettshall og kulturhus)
- Subsidies, grants and scholarships (Tilskudd og stipend)